Monday, December 12, 2005

Sony Cybershot 7.2 MP--Size Matters

People who hang around me for a while know that my tiny Sony Digital camera is never far away. Before that, it was my Canon 35 mm Rebel EOS. Before that, the Canon SureShot, a gift from friends since I was a poor student.

It took me a while to be persuaded to try Digital cameras. The quality stunk at first. The price seemed hardly worth it.

Then the new baby came and I wanted to capture EVERYTHING! And we did.

After asking a photographer friend of mine, she recommended the Sony Cybershot 7.2 mega pixels with the Carl Zeiss lenses. Immediately, I was blown away.

In daylight, the camera functions as well as bulkier models and the pictures are nearly as crisp and clear as my old 35 mm. The video function is a spectacular bonus. Who needs more than one or two minutes to capture an infant's toothy grin and banshee yells?

But the beauty of the camera goes beyond function--it's the form that matters more. In this case, it's so small that it fits in a little pocket on the side of my diaper bag--no camera case needed. It is always available.

Disney World, Empire State Building, The Liberty Bell and countless church and family gatherings later, the camera goes everywhere and takes a lickin' but keeps capturing beautiful photos.

The newer models of the Cybershot look great, too. I highly recommend them!

Don't forget, you need to organize and edit your photos, right? The Cybershot comes with some software to download, but it's not great. Get Photoshop Elements. It organizes even a featherbrain like me. I can do quite a bit of editing with it without having to plunk down $600 big ones for regular PhotoShop.


UPDATE: Welcome Instapundit readers! Take a look around. Just changed the blog name so it was easier to find, but you can take a look at my other archives at Dr. M
You can also see posts on Texas Hold 'Em, Mentally Ill Doctors and Antidepressants. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful picture! ~vj

Anonymous said...

If you're talking about the Sony P200, I like mine a lot.