Everyone needs a mental break to stay sharp when working. For years, we didn't heed our own advice.
Reasons to take a break:
- Fresh eyes for old problems
- Physical rejuvination
- Recharge doing a favorite activity
- Time spent with family and friends
- Learn something new outside of industry
- Reflect on past year and decide changes
- Be mindful about what you want for next months, years, decades
2005 was, in my view, the fastest year I have ever lived through. 2006 looks to be even faster. A concerted effort must be made to purposely slow down and take stock so you can spend your energy doing what you want to do...not just have to do.