Tuesday, January 10, 2006

OTC Cold Medicine: It's All In Your Head

Cold medicine doesn't work says a new study. My personal experience validates this research. While temporary relief comes from some drugs--the side effect is that the nasty mucous (is there any other kind? And don't you love that word?) gets thicker and greener. It makes me feel worse ultimately. Clogged up, miserable.

You're better off eating chicken soup (stick your nose over the hot vapours) and drinking hot water laced with fresh-squeezed lemon. Load up on Vitamin C and Ginsing NOT Echinacea as you may have read in times past--it doesn't work. Ginsing and Vit C do, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I personally don't think it's all in our heads when it comes to colds. For example, when my house hold got sick, my wife took some airborne cold medicine. She never got the cold however everyone else did.