Friday, February 10, 2006

Low-fat Diets: Medical Myth #10

Oy. Remember my post last year? Considering that my husband and family (except my mom) no longer can find the time to read my blog, you probably don't remember either. So, I'll remind you: low fat diets, Lipitor and other fat-busting drugs are STUPID! They cause so many other problems: men, this should get your attention: impotence. Women: low sex drive. We need good fat to survive and thrive.

Good fats: BUTTER, OLIVE OIL

Vitamins D, E, A are fat soluble which means they need fat to be absorbed and often fats (like butter) deliver them! If you want to be able to build bone, you need fat. If you want to think, you need fat. If you want to get pregnant, you need fat. If you want to maintain the pregnancy, you need fat. If you want to feel happy, you need fat.

While I don't advocate becoming fat, (that means you're eating too many carbs and bad fats) I do advocate keeping good fats in your diet. So throw some butter on your veggies and enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have the pleasure to visiting your site. I like it. Its
helpful and health informative site.