Monday, May 15, 2006

Lite Blogging

My mom's alarmed that I haven't posted since last Thursday. My husband is delighted. My brother is in a lather over my perspective about the tracking phone calls thing. You can't please all the people all the time, can you?

Yes well, the good Prez will be talking tonight about bringing the National Guard to the border and what not. Pardon me for snickering, but this sounds like an idea whose polls have come. To say that a large swath of the population is disgusted with the nation's (OBTW elected) leadership is to understate the revulsion.

This idea proves, once again, to me that Bush is not serious about securing the border. He is serious about making a big show of it and trying to pacify the masses, though. I'm not pacified.

  1. Reminder, people are NOT against legal immigration. They are against ILlegal immigration.
  2. Build a fence.
  3. Make it electrical and dug deep into the ground. Good fences make good neighbors.
  4. Hold Big Business's feet to the fire. You realize, though, that consumer goods will get more expensive should illegals dwindle. Groceries, hospital bills, motel rooms, etc. will cost more because wages will increase.
  5. Make the process easier for people to immigrate and then get them assimilated.

No comments: