Thursday, June 01, 2006

Overcoming Adversity

Nancy Clark over at Success Strategies for Working Women linked to my post about Overcoming Adversity. She quotes Helen Keller who says:

Although the world is full of suffering,
The world is also full of the overcoming of it.

Go read her whole post on Women and Stress. I looked around and her website seems to be a great resource for working women. Hello, female executives who sqeeze in my blog every blue moon, perhaps you might hit her site too, in your spare time.

Speaking of adversity, my husband and I just cannot fathom and get over the Doctor who threw his children--his one child witnessed the death of his sibling at his own father's hands before dying himself--and then himself to their deaths. The whole thing is so horrible and sickening. How does that mother survive? How does she go on? Most of us will never see a day that bad. Ever.

The Keller quote was just what I needed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely horrible! I only pray this mother will have a good support circle. She will need it.
vj