Steve and I went on a vacation with friends to their parents Rhode Island summer home. All generations were there including the 95 year old MiMi, my friend's grandma. This is how the lazy summer days went:
- Wake up--Mimosas (at least two)
- Go walk by the beach/swim
- Lunch--Start the beer
- Swim in the ocean, ride boat around lagoon
- Dinner--Start the hard liquor (Wild Turkey, Absolut on the rocks)
- After dinner--Some sort of Brandy, or other appropriate nocturnal alcohol
MiMi drank with the best of 'em. Steve and I, our pathetic little livers taxed, pooped out at dinner time. Most times, actually, we were done in by lunch. MiMi was alert, smart as a whip and having a raucous good time. So, yes, drink up in your elder years.
Drinking. It's good and good for you.