Thursday, August 17, 2006

Talking to Americans

Most Americans don't need to be reminded that we're generally a simple lot. Canadian comic Rick Mercer and his merciless editors prove the point over and over. Go watch the clips. They are very funny. Man on the street interviews Canadian snarky style.

Just an example: He asks random Columbia students (one a Russian major, oy!) if international peacekeepers should be sent to Saskatchewan and Chechnya. Knee-jerk reaction? Why, of course! "I strongly believe in international peace keepers" one silly student said.

I would like to remind those who go to the links and watch, that these people are the ones who answer exit polls and polls in general. Could that be why the polls are always wrong?

As an aside, I'd like to go to Canada and ask a few questions me-self. I'm sure I could come up with some that will make them look like a Mounty's ass. But then....I'd have to find a Canadian monument first. (Sorry, couldn't help myself.)

Via Boing Boing

No comments: