Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Katie Couric

I have not blogged about her because I don't care. CBS is irrelevent except to old people who haven't heard of the internets thingy or no-talent ass-clowns who actually buy the tripe that's being sold in the MSM.

Some may hold a more moderate opinion than me (imagine that!) or enjoy watching for the sheer fascination of it and have found Katie's ascent interesting enough to blog about:

The Anchoress made me laugh with this insight:

One word of caution to a new blog from one with a little experience, they’ll have to guard against turning the blog into a Katie fansite. Couric’s “cute cheerleader” factor was a plus on the Today show – it will be a fatal flaw if it takes over the nightly broadcast or the blog. Talk about her in pajamas and you’re setting up a lightweight sorority-sister-in-furry-slippers image that will only remind the world that Katie has excelled in the past at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. And please, God, spare us the pictures.
Ann Althouse blogs of the "dreaded female territory" and also made me laugh--she uses the word "glop". I love it!:
Now the show veers into the female territory we were so worried about. That "freeSpeech" thing seemed to be the bridge. They're showing the Vanity Fair cover with the photo of the spawn of Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise. The baby's name is Suri, and Katie -- Couric -- does the pun "Yes, sirree."

After the break, Couric introduces a "picture perfect idea" that combines travel scenery, kids -- orphans! -- and art. You have got to be kidding me. The artist is from Madison, Wisconsin, so I should be soft on this, but I'm not. Wait, this guy doesn't paint the portraits for the orphans. He gets American school kids to paint pictures of photographs of orphans. We're told the painters form a real connection as they stare at the photos, as is necessary in order to do the paintings. We're informed that staring into the eyes has a very special effect. What glop! And the privileged painter and the orphan paintee sometimes even become penpals. Arrgggghhhhh... I'm in pain from this one.
Betsy like's Scrappleface's sign-off suggestions (her favorites are 10, 7 and 3):
10. “Well, there’s 22 minutes of your life you can never get back.”
9. “News pH balanced. We report. You admire.”
8. “I hope to see you tomorrow night, because all I see tonight is the TelePromTer.”
7. “I’m Katie Couric, and that’s the way it is at the DNC.”
6. “That’s the news and I mean it. Does anybody want a peanut?”
5. “I’m Katie Couric and this is one sweet gig!”
4. “If you stand up for a few minutes now, you won’t get so many sofa sores.”
3. “Now you know what to think. But you don’t really have to.”
2. “Why read the news online when I get paid millions to do it for you?”
1. “What makes a muskrat guard its musk?”
Musing Minds was NOT amused and her feelings best mirror mine:

The radio was talking about Perky Katie Couric’s historic broadcast tonight and I really couldn’t care any less than I already don’t.

Hey! Ladies! The glass ceiling has been shattered! Katie’s got “big wing-tips to fill!” An historic broadcast! The first woman anchoring a network evening news show all by herself!

Isn’t she special?

Gag me.

Women in the middle east are forced to wear full burqas because their men have no self-control. If a woman is raped she is stoned to death for adultery. If she doesn’t want to wear a burqua or even a head scarf she’s killed by her family because she “besmirched their honor”.

NOW doesn’t care about that. But Katie breaking the glass ceiling? That’s worth caring about….


So there you have it. My life has changed. How 'bout yours?

No comments: