Friday, September 22, 2006

Random Thoughts for Friday

  1. Scented everything has gotten ridiculous. My armpits smell like an Amaretto-n-GingerAle. Word to the wise: if you don't want to be made to walk a line if stopped for speeding, steer clear of Secret Platinum Clear Gel "Vanilla Sparkle."
  2. It's not normal for a 40 year old man to sleep with an 11 year old boy "friend", ever. Not. Normal.
  3. A cheap and effective writing implement under water: a pencil. Nothing else works except super expensive specialty pens. Hey, ya never know--hurricanes and whatnot.
  4. Elvis is dead. So is Tupac. Time to get over it.
  5. Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, Free at Last! I love my Mac. What are you waiting for?
  6. Dreams come true every day. Most times, you make your dreams happen.
  7. No one thinks your kid is cute. She is only cute to you. It's okay, we get it. We think our kid is cute too, but we know you don't think our kid is cute, either. Just know that the feeling is mutual, is all.
  8. I'm always surprised when someone wheels in and takes a parking spot when someone else clearly has waited for it. What kind of rude-ass person does that?
  9. Religious people are annoying even to other religious people. That's the beauty of communion.
  10. Just because love is the answer doesn't mean that there is no need for the business end of an AK-47. The kingdom ain't here, yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Dr. M but EVERYONE thinks my kid is cute! I have had moms ignore their own child to gush over mine. It's embarassing, and fun. I will email you a pic sometime if you would like to see proof.

Melissa Clouthier said...

Antionette,

I would love to see the picture of the baby superstar. If you give me permission I'll publish for all the world to see.

One of my children was the subject of intense old lady frenzy. The only problem? The child was so shy (even at five months) that terrified screams erupted when anyone got within a foot of pinching the cherubic cheeks.