Ann Althouse has a laugh-out-loud post about what music (or pop muzak as the case seems to be) to play at one's funeral.
- For those who are vertically challenged: Randy Newman's Short People Got No Reason to Live.
- For those who are goodness challenged: Pyromania by Def Leppard.
- For those who are prone to sin but repent a lot: Sin Wagon by the once famous Dixie Chicks.
- For the optimist: Let the River Run by Carly Simon.
- For the perversely vindictive: Mr. Mistopheles from Cats by Andrew Lloyd Webber. (Yeah, all you survivors can let that song roll through your cranium over and over forever. How's that for living pergatory?)
- For those who want to stick around: Possession by Sarah McLaughlin.
- For those who want to let the world know their dead spouse was less than a nice person: Since You Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson.
- For those who want to surrender to the inevitable: The Long Day is Over by Norah Jones.
- For those who want to describe the next life: What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong.
- For the hero: I Would Die 4 U by Prince.
Also, I want everyone notified here and now that we both want to be put in pine boxes (the cheapest possible) and cremated. Please do NOT judge the surviving spouse for the ignominious box. The funeral industry is a racket. It will piss me off on the other side to find out that 20Gs were spent on a beauty box. What a waste! Go on a vacation...buy a toy...something.