Sunday, December 17, 2006

Light Posting

Yesterday, I was at the funeral and special services for my friend Ellen. It was a draining day. Thankfully, the weather was stunningly gorgeous. Sunny with a lovely breeze. 80 degrees. We could linger at the graveside, and took a walk before. The cemetary was beautiful. The day perfectly reflected Ellen, for that I'm glad. I still can't believe she is gone.

At the same time, for the last week, Fifth's Disease has afflicted the kids and me. One of the boys is humming along fine. The other is miserable and I'm afraid he's on the way to pneumonia. It's actually a relief to know about this. While on the cruise, I thought I was having some weird allergic reaction to something, but now I'm quite certain I picked up the above virus on the ship. It also explains my continued joint inflamtion. My hands and wrists, knees, ankles and feet are so swollen and achy, I thought I was contracting an autoimmune disease. So I'm glad that this should all go away. If I could get more than four hours of sleep a night, I think my immune system could actually work and kick the virus.

So I'm not posting that much. I hope to get back to it later today or tomorrow some.

No comments: