Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Weather Outside is Delightful

After an extended, overly hot summer, we've had record lows in Houston and to quote Ronald McDonald, "I'm lovin' it!" This morning, while talking to my mother in New Jersey, the mercury recorded the same 29 degrees. Nice!

I don't own a winter coat, per se. My dear husband bought me an oppressively heavy leather jacket a few years back. The intent was admirable, but there are about two days a year it can be worn without eliciting chuckles. It belongs in Vale, Colorado.

Anyway, the chilly days, and freezing nights are lovely. We've turned on the fire place. We've snuggled under flannel sheets. We've been able to curl our hair because there's no humidity. On that account, a friend at church complimented my hair. Humidity level. If I lived in the aforementioned Colorado, my hair would always look good, but I'd have the face of a prune.

Trade offs.

No comments: