Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Making Money Blogging

I haven't been approached by political candidate to blog for him/her. I haven't been given free bling from Microsoft (if you can call their products, blingy). I haven't been approached by a super-agent so enamored with my brilliant prose that she feels compelled to write me a million dollar advance to write the next American self-help book. In short, my blogging has been a high-satisfaction, low-value-added enterprise.

Until now.

For the first time in my year of blogging, I received a check from Amazon Associates--for $31.26. It is a quarterly check and my take is roughly 5% of their haul. So that means readers bought roughly $600 worth of merchandise through my website. That sounds like a lot right?

Let's break it down:

  • That's $150.00/month.
  • That's approximately $35.o0/week.
  • That's approximately $5.00/day.
  • That's approximately $1.50/hour of work (that's being generous).
  • But wait! I only receive 5% of that $1.50. So I make approximately 7 cents an hour.
No wonder I have self-esteem issues. Click through, people! Buy, buy, buy!! As always, you can make a direct donation, too. I know, shameless.

No comments: