Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Border Agent Beaten In Prison

I don't know enough about this case and haven't written about it because I don't know enough. What I do know is that a lot of people are enraged that a Mexican drug runner's testimony jails two American Border Patrol agents.

Even assuming the agents wrongfully shot the fleeing drug dealer in the rear and then tried to cover it, the aggressive prosecution irritates Americans because the government seems so uninterested in aggressively enforcing the law when it comes to illegals.

And how do you think two border agents will fare in prison with a bunch of Mexican drug dealers and gangs? And if they are killed in prison, will the jury, prosecutor, and President be able to live with that?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Examples must be made.

You cannot make an omelet...

kal said...

Have to admit I laughed at a few spots in Little Miss Sunshine and found the character sketches - interesting at best.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a "gotta have a silver lining, everything lollipops ending" kinda guy, but I was left feeling uncomfortably empty at the end of the movie.

Anonymous said...

And if they are killed in prison, will the jury, prosecutor, and President be able to live with that?

You mean Jorge Double-ve Bush, Vice-Presidente de MEHEEEECO?

See above re omelettes y huevos...