Friday, March 30, 2007

Politically Correct Light Bulbs--UPDATE

Righteous people buy fluorescent light bulbs. If people more righteous have their way, they'll mandate super special energy saving light bulbs for the masses. But what if incandescent bulbs turn out to be better? And fluorescent bulbs turn out to be worse. (This last link has very important information.)


UPDATE: I want to make clear here that I'm all for energy saving technologies but I fundamentally distrust group think and "conventional wisdom" and everyone know that, blah, blah, blah. There is a reason, besides flickering that makes one look like a resurrected Zombie, that fluorescent lights haven't been the standard besides in the DMV, hospital psych wards, and other institutions intent on casting average humans in a bad light. (Couldn't help myself.) Innovations continue and there probably end up being more than one choice for perfect light. And I for one, look forward to fluorescent alternatives.

No comments: