Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Global Warming: It's A Crisis Because I Say It Is

And you had better believe me because I'm better than you. Well, isn't that what the Hollywood-Types are saying? Glenn Reynolds puts it this way (you can buy the bumper sticker):

I'll believe it's a crisis when people saying it's a crisis start acting like it's a crisis.

That's right! They're giving up their 30,000 s.f. mansions and living in mud huts. It must be really, really bad. The Anchoress says (she must have felt pity for my suffering intellect):

Concise. I have to work on Concise. I actually expressed a similar sentiment a long time ago, when I wrote:

…if the big boys of Global Warming aren’t really taking the issue seriously…if they find it so unserious as to allow the issue to be used as a political wedge or a rabble-rousing sound-bite, and that’s all…well, then I don’t have to take it seriously, either.

The Global Warming Hysteria Movement, complete with Media overhype, is not real. The proof is in the politics of it. It is a means to an end. To what end, I’m not sure.

I’m going to try to blog better. Just as soon as I am able to really get down to work. Feeling much better, although we had to change from the Cipro, which was giving me the heeby-jeebies and making me feel like I’d had ten shots of espresso.

Yippee! She's blogging again. The Anchoress is blogging again. Happy dance! Happy dance! And she's doing it while drugged. I expect some edgy writing from her.

No comments: