Monday, December 31, 2007

Snap Out of It

A prominent blogger who shall go unnamed, urged me to snap out of it and get back to blogging. During my very brief hiatus, I have considered refocusing my blog since the political race is giving me hives. In short, I don't like any candidate much and the one I like the most has nearly zippo chance of receiving the nomination. Said prominent blogger retorted "that's politics and you'll learn to love him". I said that I know that that's politics and that no, I will not learn to love a crappy nominee.

Politics is only one unmentionable topic I blog about--sex and religion get their due, too, and I've neglected all the multiple ways to offend people. Perhaps I should focus on sex and religion more. The prominent blogger says I should post a sexy picture and give advice like I do with my business clients and patients. Wouldn't a sexy picture (if such a thing were even possible at my advanced age and state of wrinkle) undermine my lofty messages? Men don't need sexy pictures, although Jeff is kinda hot. Not that he really exists anymore, talk about a hiatus.

So, for the next couple days, I'll continue my hiatus, sleep-deprived though its been, and consider all the ways to entertain and enlighten. I'm putting this to a vote. You're likely to be disenfranchised, I must warn you. I'm prone to ignore results that irk me ala Vlad Putin. This blog, is, after all, dictatorship, a benign one I like to think, but a dictatorship nonetheless. Since I do all the work around here, it seems only right.

Oh, and sex isn't a choice on the poll because all you wise asses would pick sex and then no helpful information would be gleaned.


Melissa main blog topic should be:
Politics
Religion
Self Improvement
Health
All of the above
  
pollcode.com free polls

5 comments:

kal said...

ugh. without sex as one item, not sure how to vote now.

Anonymous said...

Hmnmm....who could the prominent blogger be? I think that's the key question... -- John Hawkins

Melissa Clouthier said...

Anonymous,

I'll give you a hint: his initials are J.H. Thanks for stopping by!

Melissa Clouthier said...

kal,

I'll be sure to include more sex posts. Since the prominent blogger likes to post pictures of scantily clad women, I thought I might start a "Hot Shot" of the week and give men equal time. It's only fair, and will appeal to a broad audience, don't you think?

kal said...

woohoo!