Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Gratitude

One of the chief ways to be happy is to be grateful. Unhappiness comes from concentrating on what we don't have rather than what we do have. So, today in the middle of January, when the reality of Christmas bills, a slowing economy and the gray sky blahs set in, it's time to be thankful. Time to look at what's all around us and see the good and be grateful.

For my part, this last year and even now, my life has been filled by renewed friendships. That has filled me with extraordinary gratitude and thankfulness. And even better, I've made new friends. You all know who you are and I want you to know that I am profoundly thankful for you!

3 comments:

Chalmers said...

I can, without a doubt, say that I am more thankful today than I have ever been. Exhausted, but blessed beyond measure.

MaxedOutMama said...

The absolutely best thing my parents taught their children was the habit of gratitude, of enjoying what we have at the moment.

And, yes, it's the people. Even in economic downturns, it's the people.

We forget how much power we have to make our own destinies.

Melissa Clouthier said...

Mama,

It's true. We tend to externalize and say that the power is out there, when, we in fact, have immense ability to transform our lives. Thanks for the thoughts.