Tuesday, April 08, 2008

American Idol--UPDATED

Checking in on the show.....last year, I was consistent and irritated that the show consistently sucked and yet I was addicted. This year, I determined to not get hooked and I haven't. Ha! I am in control of my TV consumption. It's one of the few habits I've broken. So, imagine my additional irritation this year when the contestants are actually good. Unique singers, beautiful, great vibe, all potential rock stars and I've been skipping the dang show!



Well, I caught the end of the show and saw the review. Holy crap! Who will they cut? I have no idea. Who are your favorites? Are you ready to predict a winner? I will say this, Jason Castro did a version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow that's very familiar to me and he didn't do it justice. He was trying to imitate this:


On to the vote:

Who should go?
David Archuleta
Jason Castro
David Cook
Christie Lee Cook
Michael Johns
Syesha Mercado
Carly Smithson
Brooke White
pollcode.com free polls


UPDATED:

Rachel Lucas had the exact opposite experience with Jason Castro. She says:


It was convenient that I was in touch with my boobs right then, because when Jason Castro started singing that funky little version of “Over the Rainbow,” I began spontaneously lactating. True story. I’m not too sure about the physiological mechanisms involved here but I’m pretty sure it’s something to do with wanting to have his babies.

Hypothetically, of course. Although I totally support the rumor that I’m pregnant because that gives me one more opportunity to disappoint people.

After Jason and his extremely confusing sex appeal (he looks like a girl, but also like a man, pretty but virile…shit I don’t know…he was playing the ukelele for Chrissake but it was almost erotic), the show went downhill hard and fast.

No comments: