Monday, February 27, 2006

Dear Elena

While looking to see what the folks at Passionate Users were up to, I read and went to the link about a friend whose daughter Elena had just died. While the years fade away the sharpness of the pain of the loss of a child, when my mind turns to it, Andrew's death is like a present-time-consciousness thing. I'm in the hospital. The weight of the decisions are upon me. The pain is real. My grief immediate.

It is helpful during our narcissistic forays into everyday life, to remember that people all over the world suffer unspeakable grief. Tsunamis, hurricanes, mudslides, earthquakes, disease, accidents, war, famine, life have taken children from parents. Every death is a tragedy. Every sorrow personal. A parent is never the same. Never.

It pains me that one more family suffers. Thy Kingdom Come.

No comments: