Sunday, August 27, 2006

Ernesto Watch II

Brendan Loy has more. He says that if the hurricane hugs Florida, it shouldn't be as bad because the gulf waters next to Florida aren't as warm.

Just looking at the map, I wonder if hurricanes like warmer water and are drawn to it, kinda like they need High Pressure systems to move out of the way. I know nothing about weather and it's causes, but the water temps and changes in the ionic charge must do something. But this is just ramblings from a rather limited science background.

By the way, we do have a hurrican prep kit. Still need to go get a few lamps, more duct tape, more sheeting, more water, and buy a gun. Why do I put these things off? The baby books are ready to go, though. Hey! You might think I'm crazy, but that's history I'm interested in saving.

No comments: