Thursday, December 07, 2006

Not My Job

How frustrated have you been to work with or be served by someone who WILL NOT HELP because "it's not my job." This picture says it all.

I've had people in a Department store refuse to cross the aisle because "I don't know that department." You look at the department all day long--you've got to know more than me, but no, they don't.

I wrote about this problem before with Wal-Mart not having a Customer Service person and people waiting an hour for help. Insanity. Do you know how many people walked by and said, "It's not my job"?

Disney has a policy that if someone asks a question the person either 1) knows the answer or 2) says "Just a minute while I find out." This policy should be implemented worldwide by every business. Why isn't it?

No comments: