Brendan Loy and his readers debate about Global Warming in the comments. Here are some premises. Do you accept them?
- Let's take as the premise, Global Warming is real.
- Granting that assumption, does not immediately indicate that humans are the cause.
- All people should be concerned about conservation.
- Just because the Left like to portray the "right wing nut jobs" as indifferent to the environment, doesn't make it a fact. There is no scientific proof that Leftists are any kinder to the Environment than Right-wingers.
- Pretending that Global Warming is the most important threat to man's survival is as stupid as having to explain that global warming causes global weather change.
- Scientists are often wrong. A lot. A true skeptic and person of science would accept the Global Warming theory skeptically.
- What many people object to is the religious furor many Global Warming adherents bring to the topic which is decidedly unscientific.