Monday, August 20, 2007

Kidney Stones

I visit The Anchoress every day, a couple times of day, hoping there is something new and exciting. What can I say? I'm a blog taker. There are a couple blogs that are so excellent, so funny and interesting, so informative that I'd pay for them. The Anchoress is one of them.

Well, due to a tired spirit and a pain-wracked body (kidney stones and the infections they cause bring mind-bending pain) she hasn't been posting as much. She has been considering what it all means. She has described being sick of the political sphere and unwilling to engage the Presidential campaign. She needed a break.

I'm an Anchoress groupie. Her inward reflection and outward lack of blogging has been painful for me. Almost as painful as a kidney stone, maybe worse. I've been going through withdrawals. Starved for common sense and wry insight, I've been thinking banal thoughts and pondering unanswerable questions. I'm getting duller-witted by the day. The more I try to think about it, the more I think her kidney stones are just selfish!

This is a formal Get Well Soon post to the Anchoress. Please, get well, blog friend. I don't know how long I can last.

And I'm not alone. The web gets dumber by the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could not agree more with you about the Anchoress. I miss her writing as well. Very sweet to have a post to wish her well!