Thursday, January 17, 2008

iPhone's New Software Updates

So, I love my iPhone. Love. It. It goes with me everywhere and does almost everything I want it to. They updated something, though, and it ticks me off. One nice feature of the phone is the ability to dump all your email addresses into one place using POP. That means I can see my email, keep it, delete it, but it's still in my Gmail file. Well, now, Apple has this IMAP deal and when you delete a message on your phone, it's deleted everywhere. Me no likey. And there's no way to change it. So, I have to stare at a bloated in-box on my iPhone just like I have to stare at one in my Gmail account.

I'm not alone in my irritation. Apple needs to allow both formats. This is not a big deal. When is it a good idea to take away flexibility? Hmmm....??

On an up note, last week while running, my iPhone popped out of my pocket, fell on the ground and I stepped on it. The bottom part came a bit loose, but everything worked okay. Still, everything wasn't smooth and flush and I feared that a mere bump would cause a problem. So, I took it into the store with trepidation. I didn't deserve mercy, that's for sure, but I have a zillion Mac things now, and have paid for extended warranties on everything including the iPhone. The guy looked at it and said, "We'll just replace it." I was stunned and thrilled. Wow. What service!

I already tell everyone about the phone and how much I love it and all the other Mac products, too. Now, I'm letting you all know that the great thing about buying Mac these days isn't just superior products, but superior service and support. Half the time, we have these machines and don't know what the heck we're doing. Apple helps you figure it out. That alone is worth the extra bucks for their product. Good luck finding a Dell person to help you use the software and figure everything out.

No comments: