As much as I dislike John McCain, and boy do I dislike him, he is the Republican nominee. One choice is before us all: sit out the next election and let Democrats "take the fall" with the economy and other badness they'll create or, vote for McCain and hope that this tiger changes his stripes or at least keeps the good ones and ignores the bad ones.
It seems to me, that we should run down the damage Dems (either Obama or Clinton) can do in a few short years:
- Abandon our troop's mission. Hillary will cave to political expedience. Barack will pull them out because he believes it's the "right thing to do" and it's a campaign promise.
- Place liberal activist judges on the Supreme Court. Yes, John McCain could do the same thing, but then he'd be violating that honor he so highly prizes. (Obama is scary on this.)
- Increase taxes. The Dems will put the screws to everyone who actually contributes in America. Rich people, poor people, all people will have more of their hard-earned money taken.
- Kill the economy. Oh yes, it's the flip side of raising taxes. And, yes, we all knows this happens every time, but the Dems believe in some fairy dust from never-never land. Facts don't matter to them.
- Emboldened terrorists. Oh yes, by pulling out of Iraq, by caving to ridiculous demands by nefarious regimes (framed as reaapproachment) and just generally being weenies, terrorists will flex their muscles, kill more people and continue their quest to enslave.
- Make global warming worse. Now, this might sound counter-intuitive, but hear me out. Democrats have the innate ability to turn pretty much everything they touch to shit. So, it stands to reason that environmental concerns will be no different. They brought us paper bags, they brought us plastic bags, they brought us fluoridated water, they brought us bottled water. Every day there is new "wisdom" that's baseless and stupid. Four years of a Democrat would bring all sorts of baseless and stupid ideas to the fore.
- Peck you to death. Little picky-any rules just to make your life hard. There will be so many of them, you won't be able to keep them straight. No doubt, you'll run afoul of some law, get fined or imprisoned and end up losing everything. Okay, that might be an exaggeration, but not much. Expect lots of life lessons and arbitrary laws should a Dem win the White House.