Sunday, February 26, 2006

Anti-semitism: Jews as the Canaries in the World Mine

I will keep coming back to this over and over and over. The Europeans view Jews as the biggest threat to peace? Yes 75% in the Netherlands do, 69% in Austria do, and 65% in Germany do--don't worry France only lags a little bit: 59% of their enlightened citizens view Jews as a menace.

Will Europe actually see the truth and stop scapegoating the Jews? Doubtful. Very, very doubtful. Glenn Reynolds still holds out hope for Europe. I don't.

Again, I say to the Jews outside Israel and the U.S.: RUN! Now is the time to leave. Five years from now may be too late. Get out while you can still make money on your business, while you the economy is good and you can get a job.

Interestingly, the poll that Mark Steyn quotes from doesn't say how many people in the U.S. view Jews as "the biggest threat to world peace"--probably because the poll was funded by the European Commission. But I'm curious. For me and my neighbors, I'd think the question is patently absurd on the face of it. It seems racist to even put forth the question. If even 10% of our population believes that, I'm alarmed.

Can you imagine: The greatest threat to world peace:

  1. The United States of America
  2. Israel and All Jews
  3. Communist countries
  4. China
  5. Iran
  6. The European Union (Heavens no!)
  7. Islamic Countries
  8. Al Queada
Some might view philosophies or religions as more threatening than actual countries. I know I would.

The fact that anti-semitism is getting more blatant, more bald and vicious scares me. Why? Why? Why would a secular country mind about a tiny percentage of the population? Why would a little Middle Eastern country get so much attention?

Do you know the answer?

No comments: