Thursday, March 02, 2006

Nice Electronics: NOT So Nice

Update: Today the General Manager of Nice Electronics contacted me and extended an apology for the lateness of the TV. He refunded the entire shipping cost. fThat does ease the pain somewhat but of course, doesn't undo what is done. He was very nice though.

It is nearly 5 p.m. and the TV has yet to be delivered but according to the tracking number it is in transit to my home. I feel like I'm watching a pot of boiling water--I can't go anywhere 'cuz if the TV isn't delivered today I have to wait 'til Monday.


I saved and scrimped and saved and finally, on February 15th I ordered my husband a 32 inch Samsung Flat Screen TV for his February 22 birthday. I know, I know, I'm a nice wife. This secret is safe with you and me, because the busy man doesn't read my blog. Can you believe that?

Yes, ordering only a week ahead of time is a close shave. I had to call many different companies before one, Nice Electronics, promised that the TV could be shipped and arrive the Monday or Tuesday before his birthday as long as I spent $50 extra in shipping. Sure, no problem, I thought. By buying over the internet I saved nearly $500 compared to the big box stores like Best Buy, not to mention taxes so $50 for the assurance it would get here on time seemed reasonable.

It's still not here.

Some might ask, "Aren't you nervous buying over the internet for such a big purchase?" Not really. Our office phone system I bought on E-bay for a fraction of the retail cost. Our projector I bought for a fraction of a cost at a highly rated web-based consumer electronics company. Those were pretty big purchases. I've never had a problem.

Well, Nice Electronics is definitely a legit outfit, their customer services just blows! They failed to tell me that the product was back ordered. Then, when it was sent it was sent UPS ground not the next day air I paid for (my total shipping bill was $250--doesn't that sound like enough to get the product to my door in enough time--yeah I think so too).

Tomorrow, the TV should arrive, nearly a month after it was ordered! ARGGHHHH! Do not buy from Nice Electronics people.

When I called and said that the TV had missed my husbands birthday, they promised to "upgrade the shipping to air" and then proceeded to send it ground when I had already paid the extra shipping.

When I pointed out this fact to them via email, Nice Electronics refunded the $50. Big whup. Had they not refunded that money they would be charging for services not rendered which is illegal. So nice of them to stay within the law and miss the spirit of this whole endeavor.

Enough time has passed that my husband opened our credit card bill yesterday and behold! What did the man see? You guessed it, the charge for the merchandise I have yet to receive. He was starting to pale and go faint at the charge. I sternly told him to put a cork in it and if after seeing his gift he still wants to bellyache we'll go to the mat then.

This whole thing is NOT how it was supposed to go. I know, this kind of thing should not bother me. I should transcend it--be calm, free and oh forget it.

My anger and I would like to be alone together for a minute. Maybe five. Okay, maybe an hour.

No comments: