Thursday, July 20, 2006

Spain: Anti-Semitism Is Back

Have you thought that after the atrocities of World War II that nothing like this could ever happen again? And yet, in Spain, the "menace in Europe" as Claire Berlinski describes it, rises again. If you haven't read her book, you need to.

A few months ago, I wrote an article stating that European Jews may want to start looking into a different home. (More here and here .) This view was resoundly renounced by German nationals and some German American citizens here through private e-mails to me. I stand by the assessment. Europe is reverting to type, but the manifestation looks and feels different, so it is more insidious. That is, overt anti-semitism is cloaked by dismissing Muslim aggression against Jews. White Europeans use a Pro-Arab stance to hide their anti-Jewish discrimination. All this does not bode well for Jews.

As the hostilities between Israel and Hezbollah/Syria/Iran become more pronounced, expect other "moderate", "sophisticated" European leaders and the general population to reveal their true beliefs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pray to God this is not so.
vj

Anonymous said...

I just forwarded this to some of my friends and told them to read the links attached, especially the one, "manifestation looks and feels different". I ask for feed back since I want to know if thoughts, opinions, views have changed since a few months ago.
vj