Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Bashing Leftists

Dr. Sanity explains why she focuses her ire on Leftists. It's a worthy rant. She also links P.J. O'Rourke who says this:

I am so moved by principle and idealism, so indignantly high-minded, that I'm changing sides. At least the Democrats aren't hypocritical about being scum. After Gerry Studds was censured for molesting an underaged congressional page, he was reelected six times. Therefore, in the mid term elections, I'm working to get Demo crats into office.

And work it is. There's the problem of putative speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, whose very name summons images of children coming home from day care madly scratching their scalps. Then, when you see Pelosi speak, it's impossible not to think of Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown (Dr. Sanity's note: I guess this image in one's brain is inevitable these days!). I hope her campaign slogan isn't "A New Kick-Off for America."
This whole thing is hilarious and I laughed out loud, but really, it's no laughing matter. The Democrats ranks would swell if they could just become serious about the world in which we live. But they refuse, refuse to see. Their blindness makes them very dangerous. Policy decisions in the hands of people who wish to superimpose their if-it-feels-good-do-it amorality on vicious, murderous terrorists, regimes and dictators can cause serious problems.

Or does no one remember President Carter?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I remember President Carter. I was in college at the time.

Also at that time, I remember talk of joining the Communist Party purely "to be on the winning side".