I've been one of those people who've been plugging in my iPod keeping myself amused this past week. It's easier to tune in to Idol, marvel at Britney Spear's chronic meltdown and ponder dog strollers than face this world:
- John Mayer (do you even know him?) makes Time's most influential list and yet the leader of the free world somehow doesn't make it.
- A terrorist, Jose Padilla might get off the hook because ignorant jurors believe all the conspiracy theories about 9/11. Some scoff that Rosie has an effect. Oh, really? I have viewed the enthusiastic audience response of evidence that they buy her insanity hook, line and sinker.
- Consequences, the media is just now imagining the consequences of leaving Iraq.
- May Day reveals the ideological fault lines building in America.
- And then there is the megolomaniac religion that is intent on fighting everyone (Hindus, Buddhists, Secularists) to the death and win.
- It turns out that there is a slippery slope when it comes to you're free to be and do whatever you want in your bedroom. Now we have a couple in Ohio a father and step-daughter who want to make incest legal. Next in America: Legalized sex with animals! Legalized marriage to football teams! And it all started with the ever-so-innocent gay marriage.
- And one of these people just may represent our country.
- Worst of all (not really), expect more dead dogs and more crazy McGreevey stories.
Got to run, there's a tornado coming. No, really!