Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I-Pod Update

Sitting here listening to X&Y by Coldplay. Feels very Pink Floydish, all Comfortably Numb ala Roger Waters. I love it. Here are Comfortably Numb lyrics:

When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown, the dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb
But Coldplay's album, unlike Pink Floyd's The Wall, is actually much more hopeful with more positive lyrics. I think that marriage and children are wearing well on Chris Martin. He hasn't lost his overriding sadness. And, okay, maybe his lyrics aren't so much hopeful as confused:

I'm diving off the deep end
You become my best friend
I wanna love you
But I don't know if I can
I know something is broken
And I'm trying to fix it
Trying to repair it
Any way I can

Btw, the I-Pod headphones deliver great sound for the $30 they cost. The whole thing amazes me. Everyone at the house wants to use it (these are 6 and 8 year olds vying with Dr. Dad). Need a stereo port thingymabob so we can all enjoy it.

No comments: