Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Inspired Technology

Who says technology isn't emotional? It most certainly is!

My hubby, kids and sister bought me an I-Pod for my birthday, the kind that shows video and stores pictures (Zow!), with a wonderful Tolkien quote engraved on the back that made me cry tears of joy and gratitude.

It is soooooo cool! Small, compact, beautiful picture, stores ALL my photos, stores music that I love (my taste is so ecclectic that radio stations and albums invariably play too much of one thing), what's not to love?

Spent $15 tonight downloading music and racking my brain for other tunes that have been favorites for ages. A friend helped me do it all, but it was so easy, with a few minutes I could have done it. (Fun sharing the excitement with a friend, though.)

Good design always has an emotional appeal. Bad design strikes emotional notes too--which predicts some businesses failure.

The I-Pod is definitely inspired technology and lives up to the hype.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
~vj