Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Five (ish) Things You Want to Know

Kathy Sierra of Creating Passionate Users asks these five questions of readers and I thought you might like to know my answers and I would like to know your answers, so please answer!

0) What's your name and website URL? (optional, of course) Dr. Melissa Clouthier, www.DrMelissaClouthier.blogspot.com (Link me Kathy!)

1) What's the most fun work you've ever done, and why? (two sentences max) Working in the editorial department at college. I worked with smart, funny, creative people who respected smart, funny, creative people.

2) A. Name one thing you did in the past that you no longer do but wish you did? (one sentence max) Running.

B. Name one thing you've always wanted to do but keep putting it off? (one sentence max) Get a book published.

3) A. What two things would you most like to learn or be better at, and why? (two sentences max) I would like to have a better understanding of the stock market and investing in general. I get the same feeling with financial advisers that I get at the car dealership--like I'm being snookered. The other thing I'd like to learn is Spanish. I live in a place where Spanish is spoken by a huge portion of the population. I'd like to better communicate with them.

B. If you could take a class/workshop/apprentice from anyone in the world living or dead, who would it be and what would you hope to learn? (two more sentences, max) Wow, tough question. Well, I'd like to learn from Jesus and get his view on things so I could be a better disciple. I'd like to take a writing class from JRR Tolkien. The imagery his language usage provokes is second to none.

4) A. What three words might your best friends or family use to describe you? (asked the hubby & sister who did not at all agree on the three words so I picked the three I thought were most accurate) fair, tenacious, loving

B. Now list two more words you wish described you... kind & patient

5) What are your top three passions? (can be current or past, work, hobbies, or causes-- three sentences max) my family, helping people achieve their dreams and potential, writing

6) (sue me) Write--and answer--one more question that YOU would ask someone (with answer in three sentences max) What are your three greatest gifts and are you using them? My Answer: Seeing a person's potential, creating (art, writing, something), accumulating information and sharing it. Probably the area where I feel I'm not adequately using my gift is "creating". With kids and life, I don't have the space and time to start and finish artistic projects like I would like. The first and last gifts get used through my profession, through motherhood and through blogging.

[Bonus: What is one question you wish people would ask themselves?] Am I living up to my God-given potential?

So, do you know me better or did this confirm what you knew?

trackback