Thursday, January 04, 2007

Pelosi Ushers in the Age of Ameritopia--UPDATE Scroll Down

Until today, you've had problems. You've worried about your health, your children, your future. No more. Today, The Age of Ameritopia arrived and not a day too soon given these troubled times. Now that we have a woman, yea a grand woman and mother, as Speaker you can expect the perpetual state of bliss--like a child nursing from the breast all day and all night. Not a moment of want, need, or desire. They will all be fulfilled and immediately, by the new Mom in Charge.

She says (and this is after she calls herself the "most powerful woman in America"):

"We will not just break through a glass ceiling, we will break through a marble ceiling," she said. "In more than 200 years of history, there was an established pecking order -- and I cut in line."
And all along, I thought she got the job legitimately--working hard, playing the game, doing what it takes. Maybe this was a Freudian slip?

And here is what she'll accomplish in the First 100 Hours:

Day One: Put new rules in place to "break the link between lobbyists and legislation."

Day Two: Enact all the recommendations made by the commission that investigated the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

Time remaining until 100 hours: Raise the minimum wage to $7.25 an hour, maybe in one step. Cut the interest rate on student loans in half. Allow the government to negotiate directly with the pharmaceutical companies for lower drug prices for Medicare patients.

Broaden the types of stem cell research allowed with federal funds _ "I hope with a veto-proof majority," she added in an Associated Press interview Thursday.

Like I said: Ameritopia. Can't you feel the whole world change? Reminds me of the old Coke commercial:
I'd like to build the world a home
And furnish it with love
Grow apple trees and honey bees
And snow-white turtle doves

Chorus:
I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony
I'd like to hold it in my arms
And keep it company
(That's the song I hear)
I'd like to see the world for once
(Let the world sing today)
All standing hand in hand
And hear them echo through the hills
For peace throughout the land
That's the song I hear
(That's the song I hear)
Let the world sing today
(Let the whole wide world keep singing)
A song of peace that echoes on
And never goes away

(Repeat 1st stanza and Chorus)

Put your hand in my hand
Let's begin today
Put your hand in my hand
Help me find a way

(Repeat Chorus til fade)
Today, friends is the beginning of oxytocin-induced bliss. Feel the love.

UPDATE: Gateway Pundit shares the Pelosi love.

trackback

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And don't forget the FREE ICE CREAM AND CANDY FOR EVERY MEAL!