Monday, February 25, 2008

Obligatory Oscars Post

Reaction: Meh.

Everyone looked beautiful. Mostly boring, as usual. The only interesting award forced me to wait until the end: the men. They all looked genuinely nervous and desirous. I guess even actors can't hide their true feelings.

I find it interesting how squirmy the actors get seeing themselves. Kate Blanchett shrunk in her chair when she saw herself yelling to the Spanish Ambassador. Johnny Depp, who I love, looked anxiously at his wife. Even George Clooney seemed somewhat embarrassed. He's looking good, but older. I wonder how well he's going to age.

Best dress.

I went over to the Sisters to see what they had to say about the Oscars, but nothin'. I thought they were fashion hounds. What the Danté's Inferno? The do have a good post about the working mom's lament: Sick kids. Well, I've been a SAHM (stay at home mom) and have sick kids, too. And when they're sick, and this year its been six weeks straight now, I wonder what in the world I would do if I was working more than I do. A doctor doesn't get sick days. We'll find out soon enough. I'll be getting back in the saddle practicing a couple days a week in a new practice. Sister mentions Sylvia Plath. I can't remember if she baked her head in the oven or purposefully drowned herself, I get my neurotic writers confused, but either way, with homeschooling I can totally relate. It is time to escape the four walls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melissa, my household has been sick for weeks and weeks as well...all of us. Last night I thought my ears are going to burst they hurt so bad. I have wondered if it was even something in our home, such as mold or dust, etc...

I hope your children will get to feeling better very soon. It's not fun to have sick kids at home.

Good luck on your new ventures!